Friday 25 July 2014

Confessions Q&A

If you were a superhero, what kind of powers would you have?

C- I’d be an all round badass with super strength and a handy dandy Mary Poppins style purse!

D - I would love to have the power to be invisible and be able to teleport myself. Seriously, I could literally go anywhere in the world and not be seen. How cool of a spy would I be?!



What would you do if you won 5 million dollars?


C- Make sure my parents and grand-parents were comfortable for the rest of their lives, buy myself a huge chunk of land in the country, open a shelter for women, and have way too many Great Danes (Is there such a thing?)

D - I’d definitely make sure that my parents and grandparents have what they want. I’d also put money aside for my brother’s education, build myself a home and possibly a cottage and put 2 million in a savings account that builds up overtime to have an amazing retirement.


How old would you be if you didn't know your age?

C-A solid 32
D - When I first saw this question, I was like um, what the crap? But then the longer I thought about it, the more it made sense. Based on my level of maturity, I think I would be 25 or 26. I like to think that I’ve got all my ducks in a row, but at the same time, there are moments when I think, man, I’ve got so much to learn.


What would you do differently if you knew no one would judge you?

C- I would have run away and lived in a strange country at the age of 19.
D - Dress any darn way I please. Honestly, I would come to work in sweatshirts and sweat pants with no make-up on and my hair up in a bun.


Would you break the law to save a loved one?


C- Over and over.
D - I guess it’ll depend on what needs to be done. I get queasy when I see blood.


If you have one year left to live, what would you do?


C- Oh that’s a dark one. I think I’d make sure to do a lot of activities with my family, as well as travel with my boyfriend.
D - I’d travel to all the countries I’ve always wanted to visit and spend all my time with family and friends.


If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?

C- Was it all worth it?
D - A pretty simple question: “Are you happy?”


What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

C- That you could conceive a child two ways: the good old fashion way, or by kissing for a very long time.
D - I honestly thought that clouds came from a factory. You know the smoke that comes out of those big pipes? Yep, I thought they were clouds. Boy was I wrong.




If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?


C- My anxiety. I think I’d try a lot more things and be happier.
D - My anxiety. I know this is something that affects many people, but truly, I could live without it.

What do you think is the most useless class in high school?


C- Dance. It was one of our electives. I chose it once and hated how it was run by the girls who took competitive dance. I chose mechanics after that (Oil change anyone?)

D - To be honest, I’ve thought this question over and over again. I mean, sure there are classes that I would have never taken like Parenting 101 or Environment. But I honestly think that the school I went to had classes for everyone’s taste. From Dance (which I took for four years, and no, I wasn’t a competitive dancer) to Computers to Mechanics and Cooking, the electives were definitely a way for students to just be in their comfort zone and gain knowledge and experience in what they liked. I wouldn’t say that any class was really useless.

What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?

C- Chef Chaouen in Morocco. I’ve never been, but the images and stories shared by a colleague, who is native there, give me chills.






D - Florence, Italy. It’s honestly so beautiful and the people are so nice. It’s also a major student hub, so you can meet so many people from all over the world.


How and where do you prefer to study?

C- At my desk in my room or at a café on campus with a delicious grilled cheese!


D - I honestly love to study at my kitchen table when no one is home. I do have a desk at home, but it holds all of my documents and various knickknacks and I always find something to distract me. My kitchen table has space and no distractions so I can concentrate. I also like to have music on low just as a background noise. 


Where did you go on your first airplane ride?

C-Cayo Coco, Cuba! It was our graduation trip, one of my favorite high school memories!
D - I went to Dominican Republic with my dad. Pretty awesome trip, I think. I don’t remember much of it, I was 10.


Last thing you bought?

C - Lunch at Bobby’s Table with a colleague.
D - My lunch at work. My grilled wrap was great!


What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?

C- Remove asbestos? I’m a pretty hands on kind of gal.
D - Dishes. My goodness, I despise doing the dishes. Or maybe I wish I could afford to buy a dishwasher.




Favorite day of the week?

C-Saturday! I love waking up without an alarm clock and having a slow breakfast.
D - Friday. I seriously live by the acronym TGIF. Just knowing that I’ve got two days to myself makes me smile.


When do you find yourself singing?


C- In the car. For some reason K always puts the volume up when I start singing. ;)
D - When I drive or when I’m home alone. Surprisingly, I’m not one to sing in the shower.


What was the best news you ever received?

C- My coop placement wanted to hire me for the summer. That was a HUGE relief.
D - When my step-dad came to pick me up at school and told me I had a baby brother. Funny story, I remember running back to my class and telling all the other students that I had a baby brother, and all the boys started to cheer. Bros before hoes I guess.



In what area of your life are you immature?

C- Clothes shopping. I’m pretty sure I threw a fit in the car last week because my mother was making me shop for a dress, since I have three weddings to attend this summer and hadn’t purchased anything. Boo!

D - To be honest, and I think it’s going to sound so bad, but I feel like I have so much to learn about financial responsibility. Don’t get me wrong, I pay all my bills on time and always more than the minimum amount, but I’ve still got some issues saving the leftover money. I guess in that sense I’m immature.



Most frequent song played?

C- Chandelier by Sia


D - Foolish Games by Jewel... Love. It.


One place you could travel right now?

C-Morocco
D - I wouldn't mind being on a beach right now.


Are you a creature of habit? Explain.

C-I have my morning and evening routines pretty much set, that’s about it.
D - I’m not sure that I am. I mean, sure I've got my shower routine, but that’s about it. I mean every single day is different. Heck, even my work schedule rotates.


What books on your shelf are begging to be read?

C- None! I've read and re-read all of my books. My shelves are begging to be stocked! I’m currently reading the Maximum Ride series by Jim Patterson
D - 12 years a slave.



How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?

C- During a lecture, I doodle constantly. Otherwise it rarely happens.
D - I doodle quite a lot, and they’re stars and random flowers. I know, typical.


What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?

C- My strongest sense would have to be my hearing, for some reason I’ve always been excellent at hearing those little comments that aren’t meant for other people’s ears. If I had to give up a sense, it would be the sense of smell. I figure it would disrupt my life as little as possible…and save me on candles.
D - I think my strongest sense is my hearing. I can hear distinct noises in between multiple ones. Honestly, if I had to give one up, I’d probably let go of my sense of smell.


If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?

C- I thought about this way too much as a little girl. My name would be Élizabeth.
D - Oh man. I love many names, but to be honest, I would love to have Alexia as a name.





What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?

C- Playing The Sims. A friend gave me a copy of the original game when I was 10 and I've been playing since then. It’s my ultimate escape from reality.


D - Netflix. It’s as simple as that. 



How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?

C- Every other day. There’s a free paper offered at most bus stations, and I make sure to grab one before the ride to work. I read it from cover to cover, although my favorite section is the comics and recipes.
D - I try to read Metro News every day. I tend to stick to the sports, entertainment and global and local news headlines.


What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?

C- I was told that I saved someone’s life today at work. That was very rewarding.
D - “You’re beautiful”. I mean, how could you not savor that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment